Monday, July 5, 2010

Great Granparent Adventure July 2010

I love the 4th of July.  For the 2nd year in a row, we went up to St. Louis for the big weekend.  It could not have been more hectic, busy, crowded, and just all around wonderful.  I was able to see all of my great Great Grandparents.  These folks have just a whole other layer of love.  I also got to see my Grandma and Grandpa Rabbitt and all my super cool cousins.  Thanks for having me in St. Louie!  I can't wait to go back!

I stayed with my Aunt Maggie, and she had these BEAUTIFUL flowers!  Mommy and Daddy and I hung out on the patio with our coffee just relaxing.

On Saturday morning, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Rabbitt's house.  I had my first trip to their pool. Have I mentioned that I love swimming?



Next we went over to Grandma Mattingly's Birthday party.  She is 80, can I just say that seems old even to a big girl like me. 



On Sunday morning, we went to Great Grandma Jaggi's house in St. Peters.  Guess it is too much to ask to get everyone in a 5 mile radius, right?  Anyway, Grandma Jaggi is doing good.  She is back at home and recovering from her stupid chemo ok.  Aunt Suzie was in town from California and made us some lip smackin' ribs and good ole bbq food.  So glad that I got to meet Aunt Suzie.  I tried to convince her to marry off her boys so I can get a free trip to Cali!



Last but certainly not least, we went down to Rolla to see Great Grandma Smart, Aunt Kathy and Uncle Mike, and family and of course Katie and Logan.  I know what your thinking, "this girl gets around."  I know, it was busy.  But I couldn't wait to help Logan learn to walk like me.  I showed him how to practice on Grandma's walker and I think he is going to be running around very soon.

No comments: