Sunday, February 27, 2011

A New Toyroom

If you have ever been to our house, you know that we have a very nice little fence with a gate on it that we use to keep Jillian from going upstairs.  Well, Jillian has learned to open the gate.  In fact, she has taken over the stairs.  She likes to haul all of her favorite toys to the stairs and play with them there.  She then opens and closes the gate 1,000 times.  She also enjoys "helping" me up the stairs.  I hope she is as kind when I am 85.

She does a pretty good job of entertaining herself here so it is hard for me to put the kibosh on it.  She also only stays on the first 3 or 4 steps so I have totally justified it to myself that this is OK. 


I couldn't help but also add this little gem of Jillian "reading" to her baby doll.  The book was a present from Uncle JJ's family.  It has soft parts to some of the animals to feel.  I am practically crying watching her. 

For nostalgia's sake, I thought I would just add that the fascination with the stairs should not come as a shock to anyone.  Jillian has been a bit obsessed since we moved in.  It has just been that she recently was able to open the gate.  Here are some memories of her with stairs. 






And of course, nothing beats hanging out on the stairs with cousin Nicholas (who has also had his own love affair with the stairs). 



No comments: