Sunday, April 17, 2011

Only The Brave Survive This Type Thing

Last Christmas I suggested that my Mom get Jillian an easel and art supplies.  It seemed quite reasonable to me.  (I don't really think through all of my great ideas.)  So Mom comes through with this FABULOUS easel that we have been using at least every few days (which is a lot for any toy for 4 months).  We also got paints, paint cups, and brushes.  I have stuffed those away for months thinking that someday, someday, someday.  Well today I did it.  

I braved the looks from my beloved husband, I braved the thoughts in my head of a painted face and hair, I braved the thought of ruined clothes.  And it was totally worth it, because that sweet thing LOVED it.  

Here is where it all started....

 Yep, she is ambidextrous...

Multi-tasking...


The paints starting to mix....

 This first painting ever by Jillian Jaggi

So we had to start over...

And again
 And again

 The artist with her work

I am not sure what she is so shocked about.

The scariest part was where she wanted to put these hands...

2 comments:

Christie said...

She is such a talented artist! Tell her Aunt Christie would like to commission a piece.

JJ said...

I think we have another "Picasso" in our midst! Mimi will be awaiting her Mother's day painting!