Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve-Let The Party Begin

We flew into the Lou on Christmas Eve which is much better than flying in the day before Christmas Eve.  We also had a bit of time to spend chilling at the house before the chaos  festivities began.  I was hoping the Beans would get a good nights sleep, but to no avail.  I think she gave in at ELEVEN. She was so psyched about going, she could not sleep.  "I want to go see Papa Joe", "I want to see Grandma", "I want to see Becca Boo"....The list goes on and on.  It was a long night. 


However, the Mattingly's was such utter chaos that a deadman could not sleep there so Jillian was just fine.  There were so many cousins to visit and they never disappoint Jillian's good time.  




Jillian really bonds well with Christine.  Since they are both only children that stare in amazement at the other cousins madness, I think that is why.  Christine is 2 years older than Jillian, but they seem to work it out just fine.  


My cousin Jeannette sat here and read Jillian 10 stories in a row.   Jeanette was a trooper.  I am sure there was something else she would rather do, but it warmed my heart to see her taking in little Jillian Bean like one of the crowd.  


The picture does no justice to the reaction that Donovan gave me for the remote controlled car.  Oh well, I will remember it forever.  


The theme for Christmas was all things that get pushed.  Grandma Rabbitt gave the other 2 girls baby strollers and I gave them shopping carts.  There was enough pushable toys to go around.  Here is Skyla hoarding hers in a box.  How do you know a kid is the only child?  They immediately hoard toys in a box.  

Neno was even into the pushing of toys.  

They train that went through the house only a hundred times...No stops for this train though.  


I always love the "after picture."  My Mom always let us just tear into our gifts like wild hellions.  Best.Memories.Ever.



Tough to believe that Cane weighs nearly 10 pounds more than the Bean here.  That kid is solid.  My back hurts thinking about it.  

No comments: